Friday, October 21, 2005

Car not Starting Problem

My wife's car could not be started yesterday. First I tried to jump start, it was started. After it ran a while. I turned it off. But I could not restart it. I suspect it is the battery problem. After I bought a battery from Walmart. It worked.

The problem could come from battery, cable connection, corrosion, plugs, starter, alternator.

First sure, you want to make sure you have enough gas.

Battery?
Turn the ignition on, with the engine off, switch the windshield wipers on. If they move way too slowly, much slower than usual, the battery is probably discharged.

If the battery is relatively new, it can be recharged. All you need to do is to boost your car and let the engine run for a while to charge the battery. If battery is more than three - four years old, you will probably need to buy a new one. Sometimes, an old battery may even die with no apparent reason, even if day before it was OK.

Starter?
If you don't hear the cranking sound when you're trying to start your car, means that starter doesn't work

Plugs, Cable?
When you switch the ignition ON before starting a car, check whether "check engine" light come ON. If no light on, it means no power coming to the engine computer. It might be a broken wire, faulty relay, burnt fuse, etc.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mortgage Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering mortgage calc related stuff. Feel free to visit my mortgage calc site.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a computer protective case site. It pretty much covers computer protective case related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional Travel resources for
Travel if you or your readers are interested

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home